Pages

We've Moved!

We've Moved!
Follow our Rustic Blog on our Rustic Website!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Close the Barn...Shutters?

Inspired by the Barn Screen Door...A friend, Tammy, asked for me to paint a farm scene on to some old shutters that she had bought at a garage sale.  The shutters had been shellacked and had seen a lot of weather.  So the varnish was cracked.  I thought about stripping the old varnish off but I really loved the charm the old cracked varnish gave the shutters.  So, going against EVERY rule known to refinishing...I painted the scene right over the varnish.

I was so nervous about the project because it wasn't carving (something I had gotten comfortable doing) instead it was just painting...and painting is for artists, which I am not.  But I did my best.  Public opinion seems to be that the cows are a bit too fat...but Tammy loved the shutters so her opinion is the only one I need to listen to.


No comments:

Post a Comment