Pages

We've Moved!

We've Moved!
Follow our Rustic Blog on our Rustic Website!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Bear in Bed!

I love carving my screen doors but even I get sick of only building one type of project so I branched out and started with simple furniture. This is a bed I made for my son for Christmas. It was a huge surprise and he loves his bed…he even tends to keep his room cleaner now! Talk about a minor miracle! LOL!!! I used some of the same carving techniques on the bed that I use on the screen doors. The posts and rails are tenoned together using the Veritas tenon maker and I’ll admit to cheating on the bed frame itself. I have three children and was too nervous about kid’s jumping on the bed to actually trust building a log frame so I have securely attached the headboard to a metal bed frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment